Saturday 22 May 2010

Vietnam, I love you long time.

OK so the last time I wrote I was in Vientienne missing Emily before travelling through the whole of Vietnam and then on to Cambodia where I am now. It has been about a month since my last post so the memories are Hazy. In Vientienne I had my rest and smoked a lot of weed with this Laos guy who worked at the hotel which was fun. Vientienne was quite boring and once I sorted out my visa I was gone. I can't remember in which order it was but in Vietnam we went to Hanoi, Hoian, Nah Trang and Saigon - I am sure I have missed some out. I didn't really like Vietnam but I had Emily which softened the blow of boredom at some parts.

In Hoian there were clothes shops everywhere. Not just normal clothes shops but tailored clothes shops everywhere. I met a cool guy called Tai and bought a shirt as I lost my green one. It fits me so well and was only about 5 quid which was nice. He has taken all of my measurements so I can send him an email asking him to make me any clothes at all and he will ship them over for no extra cost. I can send him a picture of the latest armani suit and he will make it for me perfectly according to my measurements for 40 dollars! I was chuffed about that until I rented my first moped. My first crash was after maybe 5 minutes of getting used to it where I dragged myself against a spiky cement wall, tearing all the skin off my arm. After that I mastered it (or so i thought) and me and Emily drove to the beach and chilled for an hour or two before going back to meet Laura and Ellie. I left Emily with the girls to go get my shirt from Tai. I picked it up and thats when some stupid american bitch on a bicycle came right out of nowhere! I slammed on the breaks, dodged the woman and went with my bike along the road. From this crash I ripped the skin of my right arm (was infected) cut a chunk out of my big toe (was infected) got a nasty scratch on the back of my leg (seriously infected currently) and a chunk out of my foot (my most serious infection - made a doctor gasp.) I am now taking care of all my infections and not drinking anymore so that they are infected so don't worry.

Nah trang was meant to be the party beach although we didn't find party until my last night before going to Saigon on my own. THe first couple of days we chilled on the beach and generally relaxed. The second day me and Emily got very drunk which was when I made her my girlfriend through facebook. N.B. This relationship lasted 2 days. We found a cool little bar called hot spot where we got nicely pissed before going home. On the 3rd day me Ellie Laura and Emily went on a boat trip which was hilarious. THis was the morning I had a terrible hangover and we had to get up at 9! On the boat the tour guides also played a band and it was an awesome laugh. We had one mysterious Manlady who looked like a man but reputedly had a vagina! He was the one that ran the bar in the sea which was basically a floating bucket filled with rice vodka and pineapple juice. (Rice vodka is horrifically disgusting... but it was free.) We snorkelled and I dived off the top of the boat for ages. Singing and drinking in the sea with the man lady was really fun, but this was when I realised I missed travelling by myself and not following the plans of the girls. This was when I told Emily I wanted to go off by myself, not be boyfriend and girlfriend and definitely not be exclusive. That was difficult and that night I left for Saigon. In Saigon I arrived after a horrible night of vomiting into my travel bag (disposed of) to realise I had left my passport behind the desk at our hotel. I didn't have the numbers of the girls and I knew they were leaving that day, either 7 in the morning or 7 at night. Luckily I facebooked in time and Emily brought it with her. I had missed Emily and when she came to Saigon, after trying to sort out my head, we continued getting off which lasted until Sihanookville in Cambodia 4 days later. We left for Pnong Peng the next day in Cambodia.

Cambodia will take a long time to write about as I have been working in dolphin bar for the past 3 weeks in Sihanookville so I am going to bed as those are the doctor's/Naomi's orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment