Thursday 15 April 2010

Sakrom madnessssss

Sakrom is the thai new year which is why the waterfights have been going on. Each day the waterfights have been getting more and more mental to the point that there was a foam machine spraying foam over the entire road today (it's the last day of sakrom.) After my last blog I have settled into Chiang Mai with Oli and have been having some really mental nights. I will start with the first night which was probably the drunkest I have got so far. We started at roof top bar as always. I met a british girl at the bar and we got talking. In the end we went and sat with her and her friends. She had really cool friends all about 25ish and I started talking with a really fit one of them. We got on really well but I slowly got so much drunker and ended up talking/getting with the "less attractive" crazy 28 year old. We went on to reggae bar after that where I lost my new friend for the night and ended up dancing on the stage with the band that was playing which was pretty fun. After that I walked home in an absolute state, stubbing my toe which has given me soooo much trouble. I have taken a huuuuge chunk out of my big toe and I can hardly walk any more, I will take a photo tonight to put up to show you all (gross I know.) Luckily Oli being the sensible guy that he is has a massive bag of gauze and surgical tape, so I'm keeping it clean. I woke up the next day with one of the worst hangovers I have ever had thanks to the heat. The hotel we have been staying at has a fan but no air con. It's not the laps of luxury but it is cheap and chearful plus we get our own shower and bathroom which is sick.

After I had gotten over my hangover with my new recipe for the best hangover cure (sushi and beer) we went to the waterfight for about 5 hours. After a good drenching we had a few beers at my old hotel with some brit girls we met which was nice and then I got chatting to my new gay best friend. His name is Louis and he is french and the coolest guy. We always bump into each other and he is a proper joker, plus I like to speak to him in french which is fun, plus the girls hear it and love it. I also met the spooniest hippy from California who is going around thailand studying buddhism and mediation. He, however, unfortunately has to stay in Chiang Mai for 10 days because he was bitten by a monkey and he needs a series of rabies jabs. After all this we went back to the hotel and got dry to go out. That takes us to last night which was the craziest night I have had so far. We started at roof top bar (standard) where Richard was tripping out on acid - very funny. Me and Oli sat with a Thai girl called Mai*** who was 25 and a TV producer from Bangkok and her friend who I don't remember much about. I ended up getting with Mai for a few hours but lost her at reggae bar where we had been dancing on the tables to some banging reggae. I very drunkenly said my goodbyes, lost Oli, and started on my way back as I was feeling pretty fragile from the night before. However I walked past this bar to hear "lost in this world" by Netsky being pumped out off these massive amps so I ended up staying there for a few hours dancing on the amp, raving to really sick drum and bass with a big electro feel to it. After being fed a lot of whisky by a drunk irish guy I stumbled out of the bar at about 6. I continued on to Tapae gate and met this rude boy who was looking for any club that was still open. We got a Tuk tuk to Spicy Club where maybe about 90% of the people were thai. The music was terrible but I was drunk enough to dance to anything and ended up meeting the fittest girl I think I have seen yet on my travels. She was a blonde german pole dancer living Chiang Mai called Lizzie***. I danced with her for 2 hours until the club closed and then I said my goodbyes. By this time I had been drinking for about 20 hours. I got a Tuk tuk to the top of the road by my hotel to get some water but the driver didn't speak any english and didn't know how to get there... SO I drove! Really fun. I went into a restaurant to get my water and ended up setting up the restaurant with this 13 year old thai girl as it was just opening (it was about 8 in the morning.) I said goodbye and finally got back to my hotel at about 8:30. Slept all day and woke up about 4 hours ago to get some sushi. That's about everything although I have left out some stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment